After meeting all the requirements, follow these steps to perform Android full backup using Android SDK tool. Similarly, if you store your contacts in the cloud, there is usually no need to back them up again.
- We extensively tested Swift Backup and highly recommend it for offline and cloud-based solutions.
- Confirm the selection, and you’ll return to the Actions screen.
- For desktop, Laptop & server operating systems are Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- Installing a custom ROM requires you to unlock the bootloader first, and have a custom recovery like TWRP (website) installed.
All you got to do is just wait for a while as the system will take the backup of your device. Remember to name your backups with important information like date and partitions included. A full backup is anything that will stock ROM restore your system state to when you made the backup. In Linux, I hope you know how to locate and cd to the parent directory of the adb command. This will open a command prompt (your window will look different than mine).
- No matters what smartphone you have, it will work the same for all android phones.
- As a result, it is critical to leave enough space for the device to function properly.
- You’ll be able to boot into TWRP and restore the backup to go back to the previous state of your device.
- When done you need to confirm that you’re ready to flash by swiping your finger along the Swipe to Confirm Flash slider.
Rebooting is simply a case of tapping the Reboot button from the TWRP main screen. There are many methods of installing TWRP, including via fastboot on most Android devices (Samsung’s being the notable exception). The DZ file, which is likewise packaged inside the KDZ file, contains the Boot.img files for the LG Firmware. To obtain the stock boot.img file for your LG smartphone, first extract the KDZ file to obtain the DZ file, and then extract the DZ file. So I will recommend you to try first method and if that method doesn’t work for you then only try this one otherwise leave this method.
The step-by-step instructions for using the TWRP app to install TWRP on your device can be found in this section. It’s possible 95% of the time because most custom ROMs have no installation errors. But if any error occurs, don’t worry it’s part of this process. In simple words, wiping your Android device means to completely erase or remove all the data files on the device excluding the OS files. After wiping, your device’s settings is set to the default built in settings that the manufacturer has put into the device when it’s being manufactured.